Welcome!

Wow! You've found your way to my blog, I am honored and delighted! I hope you take a moment (or two) to look around, there is so much to see! I update this blog as often as I can with images from my latest sessions, and occasionally throw in a personal picture or two. Enjoy, and I truly hope I get the chance to meet you in person! {Located at 180 St. Paul, Ste 201 Rochester, NY but available to travel nationwide.}

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

gone, but not forgotten

Its been a bit since the last post, and I cannot say it was because I was too busy or had nothing to post about. Quite the contrary. My last living grandparent passed away a couple of weeks ago, and I've spent quite a bit remembering, reflecting, and loving my own family in honor of my Grandfather, Ivan Taylor. It was unexpected, and I have to admit it shocked me to the core when I received the call. It was a moment made more difficult because I am now over 400 miles away - and wasn't able to drive back in time to say goodbye. I'm left with many thoughts, one of which I would like to share. Please, please, please, if you are the one always taking the pictures (Mom's, this means you!) pass the camera off occasionally to whoever is standing near (yes they probably aren't going to center it perfectly) but at lease you'll have some pictures with you as well.

It really hit me, the reason I am so passionate about photographing people. Yes, it can be a glamorous, fun, and exciting profession. It is much more than that. I'm helping families, couples, and individuals remember. Moments, people, relationships, smiles, tears, new life, new love, growing families, and those being remembered, all with photographs. It seems such a simple thing to take a photograph, but it has such a profound impact. I have been privledged and honored to help tell so many stories. I have learned from you things I cannot put into words and I remember you. I remember all of you.

1 comment:

Sarah Q said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather :( Thanks for the reminder to pass the camera off, though. I'm bad about that, too.

HUGS!